Thursday 3 March 2011

HIJAB 101 : DO MUSLIM WOMEN HAVE TO WEAR HIJABS DURING SALAH AT HOME?


HIJAB 101 : DO MUSLIM WOMEN HAVE TO WEAR HIJABS DURING SALAH AT HOME?

11/26/2009
image tags: hijab styles, hijab, hijab style, hijabs
QUESTION : I would like to know if Muslim women have to wear hijab during prayers at home? The purpose of hijab is to cover my body in front of men. When I’m at home by myself, I don’t see the need to wear hijabs during salah because there are no men around. Someone told me that this is incorrect. Can you please clarify?


ANSWER : Yes, we do have to wear hijab during salah — even if we are praying at home alone. Allah says in verse 7:31 : “O Children of Adam! Wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer…”


From that ayah, it is clear that we must wear our apparel no matter where or when we are performing salah. And of course when it comes to Muslim women, our apparel is hijab as described in the Qur’an and sound hadiths.


Allah knows best. Please don’t hesitate to correct me if I’m wrong.


Have a question about hijab? Send it to welovehijab@yahoo.com and I will try to answer it for you, inshaAllah

No comments:

Post a Comment